Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Benefon GPS Phone


Benefone GPS Phone
Originally uploaded by thegadgetguy.
I have never heard of Benefon or its products and they look to be European based (in fact there is apparently only a single distributor in the U.S.). This is the first combination phone and GPS device that I have seen. The map memory appears to be limited to 2MB and the maps must be from Genimap, almost certainly not enough for a whole lot of road navigation.

Besides the pretty cool convergence factor, I thought that the idea of being able to send an emergency message with your location to a predefined number was an excellent safety feature and being able to let other Benefon users find you and you them could be fun. I just like the idea of being able to integrate the GPS and phone into a single unit. Now, if only they could integrate pocket reader functions for my prc files and an mp3 player for my music then I'd be happy. Oh yes, and a toaster too. After all, who wouldn't want a nice piece of toast while hiking? Click on the headline for link.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home