Thursday, March 24, 2005

Will Tablets Ever Take Off?


Toshiba R15-S822
Originally uploaded by thegadgetguy.
I was an early adopter of Tablet computers. I spend so much time with a pen in my hand that I thought it made a whole lot of sense. I first owned a Toshiba tablet and then sold it for a Compaq tablet (which I then sold to get an Apple). Anyway, my problem with the Tablets were that they were a bit heavy and no matter how good the handwriting recognition was, I could still type faster. Toshiba has just released its R15-S822 claiming:

"The Satellite R15 Tablet PC combines advanced notebook power with the practicality and comfort of pen and paper. Take notes, write emails without your keyboard. Browse the Web with a pen. It's a more intuitive way of computing!

With a simple twist and click, you can use a pen with hyper-precise digital ink to take notes. View the ample-sized 14.1" diagonal swivel screen in a way that's more like the way you normally read books and watch TV. You can even get creative by sketching out ideas or creating digital art right on the screen. The Satellite R15 is state-of-the-art with built-in optical drive, integrated wireless, the Intel Pentium M Processor, and the Toshiba Shock Protection System to provide higher impact protection and reliability for key hardware components."

It has nice specs, including a 14.1" screen and is selling for $1599.00. I still think that it is a bit heavy, though. Click on the headline for link.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop at your favorite stores 24 hours a day. Why go to the mall when you can shop online and avoid the traffic

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home